AS YOU MAY HAVE GUESSED, WE ARE A LITTLE OBSESSED WITH TURMERIC HERE AT TONIC ALCHEMY. AND IT’S NOT JUST IN OUR TONICS!
We look to include turmeric as much as possible in our cooking as it’s an easy way to infuse one of nature’s super ingredients into your daily diet.
Also, these Lemon Turmeric Energy Balls are packed with healthy, high-quality dietary fibers, healthy fats, and plant-based proteins. They are also vegan, refined sugar-free, AND gluten-free.
These Lemon Turmeric Energy Balls are …
- Super quick and easy,
- full of high-quality dietary fibers that promote good digestion and weight loss,
- rich in plant-based proteins,
- full of healthy fats that contribute to our energy levels,
- excellent post-workout snack,
- refined sugar-free,
- immune boosting
- gluten-free and vegan,
- low in calories and very nutritious.
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten-free
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon turmeric ground
- ½ cup shredded coconut for dusting
Remove the pits from the dates and soak them in warm water for five minutes. When the dates are softened, drain them and place them in a food processor. Save the water.
Add the other ingredients to a food processor and blend until the mixture turns into a dough-like consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of water in which you have soaked the dates if the mixture is too dry.
Also, with the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place on the baking sheet.
Store energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.